(RoyalPatriot.com )- Last week, the Biden administration flatly denied investigative journalist Seymour Hersh’s claim that the US Navy divers planted explosives on the Nord Stream gas pipelines in the Baltic Sea on the orders of the White House.
In a blog post on Substack the Pulitzer Prize-winning Hersh alleged that divers from the US Navy laid explosive devices that destroyed the Nord Stream 2 under the Baltic Sea in September. Citing an unnamed source, Hersh said the bombs were remotely triggered causing three of the four pipelines carrying natural gas from Russia to Europe to explode. Hersh said the Navy conducted the operation under the cover of a NATO maritime exercise, BALTOPS 22.
However, according to Reuters, the allegations in Hersh’s post could not be corroborated.
National Security Council spokeswoman Adrienne Watson described Hersh’s claim as “utterly false and complete fiction.”
During a press briefing last Thursday, State Department spokesman Ned Price also denied Hersh’s anonymously-sourced report. When asked if the State Department had contacted European allies to discuss the claims, Price said it would be atypical for the US “to engage allies and partners on something that is utter and complete nonsense” that “should be rejected out of hand by anyone who is looking at it through an objective lens.”
In a statement to the New York Post, Pentagon spokesman Lt. Col. Garron Garn denied Hersh’s allegation, saying the US “was not involved in the Nord Stream explosion.” Garn referred the Post to the Pentagon’s October statement asserting that the US was not involved.
And while the Biden administration dismissed Hersh’s report, the Kremlin seized on it.
According to Reuters, during a press briefing on Thursday, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told reporters that Hersh’s claim deserves more attention and expressed surprise that the Western media hasn’t been fully covering it. He described Hersh’s article as “remarkable for the depth of analysis.”
Peksov said the world must discover the truth about who was behind “this act of sabotage,” calling it a “dangerous precedent” that could happen elsewhere. He called for “an open international investigation” into the attack,” adding, “it is impossible to leave this without uncovering those responsible and punishing them.”