Sudden Mine Flood Kills 14 People

(RoyalPatriot.com )- The Chinese authorities reported on Saturday that a flood that occurred earlier this month at an iron mine resulted in the deaths of 14 individuals and the disappearance of one person.
According to a brief statement released by the Tangshan municipal government, the search and rescue effort has been completed, and an inquiry into the cause of the flood that occurred on September 2 has begun.
In the province of Hebei, the mine may be found around 160 kilometers (100 miles) to the east of Beijing.
Iron ore and steel are both produced in significant quantities in Hebei.
In October 2021, severe floods in China’s largest coal-producing region threatened the nation’s already precarious electricity supply and forced more than 120,000 people to flee their homes as locals pleaded for assistance from other areas.

More than 1.75 million people in 11 cities across the province of Shanxi, China, had been affected. At least 17,000 homes collapsed, and about 200,000 hectares (494,210 acres) of land were devastated. Authorities said that there had been at least six fatalities.

China is the world’s second-largest coal consumer, the primary source of its electricity. Rains cause struggles with severe power shortages.

In December 2021, a coal mine in the city of Xiaoyi in the province of Shanxi in north China was flooded due to illegal mining, according to the local authorities. The flood caused more than 20 individuals to become trapped inside the mine.

The accident occurred in a coal mine in Duxigou Village, within Xixinzhuang Township. According to the findings of the first investigation, there were a total of 22 persons working beneath the surface.

Three of the people implicated had been brought under control by the local public security department. Meanwhile, the mine owner ran away.

In March of 2010, China‚Äôs state media reported 153 workers trapped by flooding in an unfinished coal mine in China. The Wangjialing Coal Mine in northern Shanxi province’s rescue headquarters told the official Xinhua agency that 108 men were carried to safety when water rushed into a pit being built.

Most of the 261 employees who were thought to have been working underground at the time of the catastrophe were migrants, with no other viable options for employment than the earnings provided by the hazardous mining sector.

Mining in China is a disaster waiting to happen.