(RoyalPatriot.com )- Families of individuals who lost their lives during the 9/11 terror attacks have called on the United States government and the Department of Justice to investigate whether or not the FBI attempted to cover up any involvement that Saudi Arabia played in the attacks.
In a letter sent to the Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz last Thursday, family members of 9/11 victims said that the circumstances suggest that it is “likely’ that one or more officials from the FBI “committed willful misconduct with intent to destroy or secrete evidence to avoid its disclosure.”
It comes as the United States approaches the 20th anniversary of the tragic attack, which saw thousands of people killed.
Some 3,500 people signed the letter, including first responders, survivors, and family members of those who died. They call on the government to begin an investigation into the FBI’s response to a subpoena where officials claimed that information requests was lost or simply impossible to find.
The subpoena had requested information about the individuals who provided substantial support to the terrorists from inside of the United States.
The letter says that the motive behind the claim was to “hinder review of the FBI’s 9/11 investigation” and to avoid embarrassment for the agency’s inability to pursue cases against co-conspirators in the United States.
Brett Eagleson, one of the best known advocates for disclosing information about Saudi Arabi’s potential role in the attack, also signed the letter. Eagleson’s father died in the attack, which was the motivating factor in his activism.
Last month, Eagleson also signed a letter with other families of 9/11 victims calling on President Joe Biden to refrain from attending any 20th anniversary memorials unless he upholds a commitment he made during his campaign to declassify documents relating to the 9/11 attack.